Thursday, March 17, 2011

Green Peace...Literally!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Though only Irish by some long ago ancestors I decided in my childhood to embrace this day as if I were a full blown Irish American, Catholic and one of a slew of siblings in a huge Irish Catholic family rather than an only child in a Protestant one!  In any case it's all about the spirit of this holiday and having red hair, how can I not celebrate St. Patrick's?  Green goes so well with my look.  I miss the energy of downtown Chicago on this day and the green river (though I wonder at how environmentally green this tradition is viewed today and if the chemicals have been modified in anyway as we have moved into awareness about taking better care of our environment!)  In yoga class this morning, my teacher Monica reminded me that green is the color of the heart chakra.  So fitting to the happy, exuberant joyfulness this day brings out in people, Irish or not!  Also appropriate to my son whose favorite color is green, as was my grandmother's (hi Nana!)  Anyway, just a short note in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day and sharing something positive about the color green, which is ever so present on so many bodies today!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment