Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Internet of Peace Part II

Tuesday morning after yoga at Brother Bear cafe in Yellow Springs and I am getting down the rest of my thoughts from Sunday's "Commitment to Peace" talk at Unity Church of Dayton, led by Cindi White.

The "Internet" of Peace is really an interconnectedness of peace, creating a closer rather than smaller world by the modern technology communication devices we use today.  (I keep wondering what will be available to my son when he is my age in 39 years and think of the cartoon The Jetsons with their video phones and how we are not so far off!)

Here is the second part to yesterday's blog continuing with some of Cindi White's thoughts on a commitment to peace:

We make choices everyday.  Am I part of a solutionn?  What I demonstrate to people around me?  Is it peace?

An affirmation: With love in my heart I hold peace in mind and commit to peace.

"For just one day talk about that which disturbs no one." - Hafis

Be gentle with yourself and forgive yourself all your little humanities.

Finally, as written in Dr, Simon's The Ten Commitments book and his chapter titled "The Internet of Peace", and with Cindi White's comments paraphrased:

1. Peace of state of mind.
2. Peace is independent of what's around me (I stop whatever is not peaceful and I go in peace.)
"Who you are speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you're saying." - Emerson
3. Peace is contagious.
4. Peace is dynamic.
5. Peace is courageous (There is a peace movement at www.agnt.org from 1/30/11 - 4/4/11 - between Gandhi and MLK's birthdays.)
6. Peace is not defined by it's opposition - no "us" and "them."
"In my defenselessness my safety lies." - Course in Miracles
7. Peace is a practice.  (Day, moment, step at a time.)

With love in my heart I hold peace in mind and commit to peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment