Friday, March 4, 2011

Weather and ill son challenges peace

Instead of sunshine it's gloomy, grey and raining outside today.  My son has had a fever all day and body aches and is cranky and clingy.  I have been in our little apartment cuddling him, napping with him, soothing him, watching cartoons with him and in between cleaned our bathrooms and kitchen, dusted, paid bills and wrote some emails.  I also re-read a short script I'm starting filming on this Sunday.  I lost peace entirely with my son trying to get him to take liquid Tylenol for the second time today and ended up screaming at him, "Just take it!"  I still feel horrible about that.  So, where did my peace go?  Where's the altered, loving, light energy I felt walking down the stairs and outside to the streets of Yellow Springs from a yoga class yesterday?  I close my eyes and breathe and see the third eye glow that appears whenever I'm in my peaceful energy place (seriously, I do and according to my parents when I began speaking there was a 6 month period when I would point to the same, blank spot on a white wall above my crib and talk about the Eye that visited me).  My husband will be leaving all day tomorrow to go do a bike race and I will take care of our son.  I was planning to drive to Michigan for a Shakespeare Festival Theatre audition, and decided not to go because of our son's ice skating/hockey lessons and now because he is sick.  A sitter is supposed to come tomorrow at 1:00 so I can go to another yoga class (it's free yoga at the studio tomorrow celebrating their 7 years there) and I hope I can go.  Somehow, driving away from here and over 20 minutes to Yellow Springs and that yoga studio is giving me a good purpose (other than being my son's mom, husband's wife and sometimes performing artist) and a peaceful being.  It's trying to hold onto that being in the small, dark sick infested apartment that's the challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment